Data and insights firm YouGov has completed its acquisition of sports media measurement provider SMG Insight, integrating the company to create YouGov Sport in the process.

For the past 10 years, YouGov has owned a 20% in SMG Insight, and announced in 2018 that it planned to buy the other 80% of the company. Originally, the deal was expected to not be completed until May 2021.

You missed:   Lucozade pours £10m into summer ‘Spark’ campaign

The sports insight agency, whose specialism is media measurement and sponsorship evaluation, has offices in Australia, the US, the UK, UAE and India.

Success for SMG Insight in the past year meant it outperformed revenue targets, so the earn-out period has been shorter.

It has now been rebranded and put under the YouGov umbrella as YouGov Sport.

You missed:   Arnie’s back with support for the FCA’s final push PPI ad campaign

Stephan Shakespeare, Chief Executive of YouGov, said: “Our proposition in the sports sector is proving to be a great success. The completion of this deal will allow us to more effectively build on this momentum.”